2 months after – Still kicking ass with a six pack

Hey everyone,

This week has been 6 months since this curly hair man decided to kick his out of shape ass and get back in shape. As you guys have seen over at my 4 month transformation mega post, it has been quite some road and two months after the posted transformation, I am still on track – very much so!

While life keeps me busy, training and a healthy lifestyle remains a priority. I have been getting even stronger, doing plenty of strength building power cleans and powerful one hand snatches, all while keeping a nice six pack and building some more muscle. I emphasize having a balance with my personal and professional life too and, while at times it may be a bit tricky, putting health and fitness at the top of one’s life priorities is doable.

This is how yours truly is looking 6 months after being severely out of shape.

Not bad, especially if we compare it to how I looked 6 months ago.

All the best,

17 comments for “2 months after – Still kicking ass with a six pack

1. Joe
    February 13, 2014 at 5:54 pm

You rock so hard, man. You are inspiring to grow my curly mane, and get into shape!!!!!

February 14, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the kind words, buddy. Yeah, not just hair, but fitness and health; that’s what I’m all about, and all without the bullcrap that is so common in the hair care and fitness fields!

Stay tuned, got some surprises for 2014.

2. Gilad
    January 20, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Hi I’d like to know something, my hair is exactly like yours, I’m growing it, but how many years does take for your hair to get that long? The other thing is, last time I had a trim was like 6 months a go, does your curly hair grows quickens after a short trim?

January 20, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Hi,

I saw your question on our Fan page and I answered there. However, I’ll post my answer here too for you:

in the book I give some tables to work out your hair growing timespans according to your curl type. Since your curly hair is similar to mine, my hair took me about 3 years to grow from a very short length to chest length (I assume you have seen the video on Youtube of my hair drying, that is the length I’m referring to). Hair growing faster after a trim is a HUGE myth as is, in fact, one of the many myths that I debunked in the Hair Mythology chapter of my book.

Essentially, your hair grows half an inch (1.2 cms) every month although the growth rate can be slowed down by bad nutrition or bad health. Hope that helps.

3. Paul
    September 27, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Really good story Rogelio, you’ve been through a lot man. Your story in Dubai, I have every sympathy as I have lived there myself (Great City) but being unwell and away from home really has some hard lessons. I am now in Abu Dhabi but am looking to build strength and develop a good physique myself. Thanks for taking the time in developing this site, it’s an inspiration to many others.

Best regards

September 28, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Hi Paul,

Thanks for passing by and expressing your kind words.

Abu Dhabi is a great city to work although, as you will now, Dubai is where the recreation is at. I am glad to hear from that another UAE expat and enjoy now the good weather since the horrible UAE summer is over!

4. Jumping Any Barriers
    June 10, 2012 at 1:22 am

You rock dude! You are my inspiration :)
    Erick

5. Jaw dropped
    February 7, 2012 at 10:37 am

Not only you have a mane to kill but you also know your gym stuff and can prove it. Subscribed to you, hope you continue giving out gym advice cos I am trying to get in shape and need someone to read frequently!

6. Rogelio
    November 15, 2011 at 11:35 am

I appreciate all the comments. Hard work and determination pays off in the long term, that is for sure.

7. Larry T
    November 14, 2011 at 11:21 am

You remind me of the Incredible Hulk in one of those promotional film posters where he is pictured from the back. Very powerful back mister!

November 15, 2011 at 11:41 am

LOL I just googled it and all I can say for sure is that I am as ugly as him!

8. MMA
    November 14, 2011 at 9:29 am

Now that’s a manly back (no homo).

9. DJ E-Z
    November 13, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Dude, how do you do it? Your back looks thick and you have a nice V-shape going on. What exercises do you do for your back?
    Saw your post on the hair challenge, defo keeping an eye!

November 15, 2011 at 11:40 am

I am a big believer in going hard, heavy and with a lot of volume on posterior chain exercises.

Namely power cleans and pulling off the floor. Power cleaning over 1.5x body weight does wonders for one’s back! Don’t forget to press weights off the shoulders too.

10. Musclemania
    November 13, 2011 at 1:48 am

Holy smokes! You have built a great physique. Not too huge, perfectly athletic and the sort of physique I want to get. You are the strong guy on Youtube powercleaning something like 275lbs weighting 180 right? Do you have more videos of your lifting?

November 15, 2011 at 11:38 am

LOL yeah, that’s me (I cracked my Iphone too in that vid!). I will be making my Youtube page more accessible but for now you can find all my training videos here

11. Anonymous
    November 13, 2011 at 12:19 am

Mind = blown! Way to go man, great effort.