Rogelio talks about the Side Swept hairstyle of Cristiano Ronaldo and emulating his awesome curly mane. A worldwide hair icon, his styles, whether fashion or hair, inspire curly hair men all over the world!
First of all really nice site, I’m checking it out everyday, I’ve got a few questions as you’re my curly hair expert now haha :D. I got the same hair like Ronaldo on this picture:
But I wonder how he styles it like this in these two hairstyles:
Maybe you got some advice for me how to style it like that or what products to use.
Thanks in advance! I hope to hear from you soon
Tim, Berlin (Germany).
Ich danke Ihnen sehr! Unfortunately, that’s pretty much all I can say in German other than bad words (as a typical international guy, those are the first words you get to know in a new language!).
Cristiano Ronaldo is the man with the mane. He is certainly some inspiration for us curly hair men and the fact the man is with Her Hotness Irina Shayk goes to show that an image built with a cool set of curls in mind will skyrocket one’s alphaness!
Ok, so you are sporting the Shaggy hairstyle of Cristiano Ronaldo. This involves carrying your mane with messy hair, albeit neat messy hair. The two pictures you are referencing are of Cristiano Ronaldo styling his curly hair with the Side Swept hairstyle, a hairstyle that involves parting the hair to the side without a fringe.
To do the Side Swept like Cristiano Ronaldo, do the following:
1) Wet your hair (e.g after shower). Your curly hair should be wet, not damp/drenched in water.
2) Spread a finger tip of hair gel across your palms. Rub your palms together so as to enhance the spreading of the hair gel.
3) Run your fingers, covered in a thin film of hair gel, all over your hair. Emphasize the movement of the fingers from the bottom up to the tip of the hair.
4) Now it is time to part the hair to the side. For the first pic, use a comb, for the second, use your fingers.
5) Imagine a line going from your forehead to the back where you want your hair to be parted. This is commonly a line starting at either the left or the right temple.
5) Run the comb/fingers, starting at the front hairline (your forehead) and where the imaginary line starts (temple). Now style the hair to the side. Start with the front hairline then progressively move the comb/fingers back as you part the hair to the side.
6) The remaining hair on the other side of the line is styled in the opposite direction (if you were styling the hair to the right, then style the rest of the hair to the left.
The styling directions to use with the comb/fingers for the Side Swept hairstyle (yellow line is imaginary line)
Additionally, I always recommend people to not comb the Side Swept too tight because it can lead to traction alopecia. Just make sure you are not pulling too hard when combing or using the fingers.
The Side Swept hairstyle goes very well in conservative settings where you cannot look too rebellious with the Shaggy hairstyle. In fact, Cristiano Ronaldo normally wears this hairstyle when he has to go and collect a trophy or has to dress up in a suit. As usual, he is the reference for an awesome hairstyle for us curly hair men so follow my above steps and open up your range of curly hairstyles!
All the best.