Curly Hairstyles – The Caesar Cut for Alpha Men

The Caesar Cut hairstyle is a great style option for curly hair men. Known to be sported by curly celebrities such as George Clooney or Russell Crowe, the Caesar Cut hairstyle will exude manliness and give you a modern yet classic mane at the same time!

I love the Caesar cut. It just is a great hairstyle for men with curly hair. Classic yet allows for showing off some of your mane, it really doesn’t get any better in my book. Moreover, total alpha men such as George Clooney or Russell Crowe have sported this manly hairstyle so the Caesar Cut is the perfect style option for those men who like their hair oldschool with some alpha/badass trait ingrained in it.

George Clooney with a Caesar cut hairstyle in From Dusk  Till Dawn

George Clooney in From Dusk Till Dawn is the epitome of the Caesar Cut hairstyle!

Rusell Crowe with a Caesar haircut for his curly hair

Never look at a man with a Caesar Cut straight in the eyes!

Apart from the Caesar Cut hairstyle having the ability to surround you with hot chicks (Salma Hayek in From Dusk Till Dawn, damn!!), this manly hairstyle also looks great in all professional men. This hairstyle goes like bread and butter in an office setting so it fits those businessmen with curly hair who want to sport a classic look (as opposed to the dandy Jim Morrison hairstyle!). Likewise, the Caesar Cut hairstyle goes down very well with balding curly men although it should only be sported up to, and including, a Norwood 3.

The Caesar Cut hairstyle is most suitable for men with curly hair types I and II who have short length curls. It is an easy to style option and requires about 2-3 minutes of morning grooming. It is a hairstyle that lasts throughout the day so it will not let you down come the evening time and you are still stuck in the office or, even better, in an office party! It will give you a George Clooney-esque tint and we know what women think of George Clooney. Such a win-win hairstyle the Caesar Cut is!

Gerard Butler with a caesar Cut hairstyle for his curly hair

As usual with manly curly hairstyles, growing a beard duplicates their badassness!

For a Caesar Cut hairstyle you will need a fade haircut which emphasizes a gradual increase in hair length from the nape to the top of the head. The fade haircut needs to be gradual, so use guard lengths #2 to #4 plus some scissors as you go up. Leave the curly hair on top of your head with short length (1-2 inches, not more).

So, now that you now what you need for a Caesar Cut hairstyle, let’s get down to business and show you how to style it:

1) Wet your hair

2) Use a wide tooth comb or your fingers to now style the curls on top of your head in a forward direction. You should have a small fringe of curls (think less than 1 inch) caressing the top of your forehead.

3) Use your fingers to now carefully and lightly style the fringe on your forehead in a messy manner. Do not, however, touch the central part of the fringe, leave it as it is (styled forward).

4) Now style the sides and back of your head in a downward direction.

George Clooney with a Caesar Cut hairstyle for his curly hair

THIS

George Clooney with a Caesar Cut hairstyle for his mane

THIS

=

Sexy Salma Hayek with George Clooney in the background

Or something like that…

The Caesar Cut hairstyle is just too alpha for a hairstyle. Classic yet modern, women associate this hairstyle with sexy (my period of George Clooney-esque hair was a lot of fun!), which is something you should be looking in a curly hairstyle. As curly hair men, we need hairstyles that enhance our manes with sexyness yet go down well in urban scenarios, and the Caesar Cut hairstyle does it all to a T!

P.S. if you’re interested in growing your curly hair or just in improving its texture and looks so you can own an impressive head of curls, then look no further and not only keep an eye out for more articles here at Manly Curls (subscribe!) but do also get my bestselling book specifically on curly hair for men, The Curly Hair Book! (click the link to see the book at Amazon)

16 comments for “Curly Hairstyles – The Caesar Cut for Alpha Men

1. Matt
    October 20, 2013 at 7:01 pm

I have worn my hair very short and parted from the left for almost 30 years. I got my hair cut yesterday, and I decided to try the Caesar cut. Unfortunately, I don’t feel as if I look like Gerard Butler or George Clooney. I feel as if I look like Jim Carrey in Dumb & Dumber.

Caesar haircut Kim Carrey

My hair is extremely thick, and combed forward it basically forms a straight, solid like across my forehead. I also have a very low hairline. Any tips?

2. Stevan
    July 10, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Hello Rogelio first i want congratulations on winning the cup confederation and thank you for your help about best haircuts for curly hair and no shampoo method,because help me so much.

3. Stevan
    May 23, 2013 at 1:36 pm

What is best product for styling caesar curly hair?

May 24, 2013 at 6:25 am

Hi Stevan,

Mousse will do or light hold gel. The Caesar Cut hairstyle should look natural, so some hair mousse/light hold gel will do. If you follow my Sebum Coating method, you won’t need any hair products and your hair will look natural.

ATB

• Stevan
        May 24, 2013 at 6:02 pm

I try your Sebum Coating method thank you for that.I have questions about body fat,how to lose kg and create muscle body like you in pictures?

• Stevan
        May 26, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Hello Rogelio can you post video how to wash Sebium Coathing method?Thank you

June 3, 2013 at 12:46 am

HI Stevan,

I’m planning on doing one soon. I’ll let you all know when I do it.

• Stevan
            June 7, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Hi Rogelio,what you think about african black soap for washing curly caesar cut hair?Thanks bro

4. Stevan
    May 19, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Hello Rogelio,what you think about Caesar cut for grey hair?Thank you

May 20, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Hi Stevan,

I think it looks awesome; you really cannot go wrong with the Caesar Cut if you are greying. Bear in mind Julius Caesar himself wore this hairstyle while greying too.

• Stevan
        May 21, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Thank you brother i dont have much grey hair because i have 24 years but have with side and top on head couple.And i have curly hair that i ask you,because you said that Caesar or Clooney cut its perfect for curly hair.If you have skype you can add me steven89221 thank you

May 21, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Hi Steven,

Correct,the Caesar Cut is a very nice haircut for curly hair albeit the curls must be loose type (I-II) like in the case of Clooney; trying a Ceasar Cut on curlier hair such as coils and kinks is more difficult although possible too. If you’re starting to grey, the Caesar Cut will still look good and will give you some classy touch especially with grey hair.

Hope that helped buddy. Don’t have Skuype but, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask them here or in the forum.

• Stevan
            May 22, 2013 at 12:11 am

Thank you so much for evrything,and one more question.What shampo its best for curly hair like me type I-II?Thank you

May 22, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Hi Stevan,

Choosing a shampoo for curly hair is not so much about which brand but what shampoo type it is. While I covered all the shampoo types in The Men’s Hair Book, I’ve also covered the types in my other site here:

I would say choose a gentle shampoo and ensure that you apply the shampoo to the scalp primarily. What you want is to remove the buildup from the scalp with the shampoo and you take care of the residue from the hair strands with the fingers (i.e. Sebum Coating method). If you haven’t read my No Shampoo Method, then do so; here it is:

Let me know if you’ve got more Qs, buddy!

5. Leo
    March 21, 2013 at 11:36 pm

I have curly hair like you, it is about shoulder length. I need to get it changed before my important interviews in NYC next week though. I’ve seen enough Jewish guys with short curly hair to know I don’t want that. I love my hair but it has to go. I’d love to have a ceasar cut like you described but, uhm, it doesn’t even look like they have curly hair? I mean I figure your hair curls like that naturally like mine. So how is that hairstyle possible for someone like you or me? Or did they use a relaxer or straightener? Speaking about that, what kind would you reccomend to me? Relaxer? Straightner? Brazilian or japanese straightening? Thanks in advance.

March 28, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Leo,

Curly hair comes in different types, which is why you need to first identify your curl type and then be realistic about what hairstyles you can do with your hair.

The Caesar Cut is doable up to a Type III curl type, if your curls within 0.5 inches, then the Caesar Cut will not be possible. Theoretically, you could relax your long curly hair, but the problem is that when you cut your hair, the new curled hair will sprout out of the hair follicle fairly fast, so your Caesar Cut will only last 4-6 weeks. I recommend a Shake & Go if your short hair puff outs too much for a Caesar Cut.