Curly Hair Products For Men Who Like To Party

Curly hair products for men are hard to come by, yet they are essential to sport a great head of waves, coils or kinks. Even more, if you are a dude who is into his partying and socializing, you certainly need to keep your curly mane looking luscious with these hair products.

If you’re like me, you enjoy your bit of partying and socializing. I have already done my fair amount of painting towns (and cities) red, and I know that many of you do the same every Friday and Saturday evening but are, many times, unsure of what to use to keep those curls looking the part. Thus, I have resolved to bring you the essential products for a curly haired male who wants to enjoy this Christmas with style and do any further painting of towns red during this coming 2013!

Let’s get going, cool cats.

Hair clippers for curly haired men

Hair clippers are indispensable for men with waves, coils and kinks for hair. They allow you to keep your sides and back cropped and neat, which is great for those short and medium hairstyles for curly hair where most of the length is at the top of the head (shorter sides and back). Even if you have long hair, hair clippers allow you to trim your sideburns neatly so you don’t end up looking like Fat Bastard from that Austin Powers movie.

A fat man depicting long sideburns for men with long wavy, curly and kinky hair

Bro, please. Instead, keep those sideburns looking neat with a good hair clipper

For a high-range hair clipper, buy this:

US and pay in $US

UK and pay in UK£

For a medium-range hair clipper, get this:

US and pay in US$

UK and pay in UK£

Hair dryers for curly haired men

Hair dryers (aka blow dryers) are amazing tools if you know how to use them the correct way. As I explained in my book, The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils and Kinks, hair dryers should only be used for those times when you want to rock some cool hairstyles; hence, these tools should be used occasionally and not daily. Assuming you don’t party every day (come on, you need at least 1 day off to fully rest!), then you can use hair dryers to get your curly mane rocking every time you’re going to hit the city (where the boys are bad, and the girls ain’t pretty, as the modified saying goes).

For a high-range hair dryer, buy this:

US folks and pay in US$

UK folks and pay in UK£

For a medium-range hair dryer, buy this:

US folks and pay in US$

UK folks and pay in UK£

Leave-in conditioners for curly haired men

Leave-in conditioners are a curly dude’s best ally. They can be used both as conditioning and hairstyling agents, thus they are extremely useful to us. Leave-in conditioners are used during your styling stage and provide the finishing conditioning touches to your curls (like I explained in depth in my book, there are 3 hair grooming stages: cleaning, conditioning and styling).

I have never been fully satisfied with the range of hair products that we men with wavy, coiled and kinky hair have, and I personally mostly used ingredient blends I make myself, but I understand that you dudes need something that will at least do a good job and is convenient. Here they are:

For a high-range leave-in conditioner, buy this:

US folks and pay in US$

UK folks and pay in UK£

For a medium-range leave-in conditioner, buy this (instructions say to rinse, don’t rinse though):

US folks and pay in US$

UK folks and pay in UK£

Well, that’s it. I highly recommend you to buy them together, as in, get your hair clipper, hair dryer and leave-in conditioner at the same time, because, now that you are part of our revolution to sport awesome curls as dudes, sooner or later you’re going to be using these 3 hair products for men either individually or together. And, of course, don’t forget to check out the different hairstyles that you have for your curly hair in our Get Hair and Hair Inspiration sections.

You don’t have any more excuses to not be sporting a luscious mane of exuberant curls, curly comrade!

All the best,

P.S. if you’re interested in growing your curly hair or just in improving its texture and looks so you can own an impressive head of curls, then look no further and not only keep an eye out for more articles here at Manly Curls (subscribe!) but do also get my bestselling book specifically on curly hair for men, The Curly Hair Book! (click the link to see the book at Amazon)

If you enjoyed this post, please share it with the rest of the world by using the social media icons above. Likewise, leave us a comment and make sure to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter by clicking HERE!

Related posts:

Learn when to back off, curl head!
Halloween Special - So you want a hole drilled in your head?
30-days natural hair challenge – Day 13
30-days Natural Curly Hair challenge – Day 30
Reece Ritchie and how Men with Curly Hair become Sex Symbols
The Curly Hair Book: Chapter 1 & Part IV
A Book For Men's Hair - Rogelio Does It Again Like a Boss
Guide on Men Hair Types: An Epic Blueprint for Dudes Without a Clue About Their Hair

Tags: , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to Curly Hair Products For Men Who Like To Party

1. VHO on February 25, 2013 at 6:56 am

Hi, I’ve been reading your article and it is quite interesting, I think I have a type 3 of curly hair, sort of like a Sacha Baronhair style and I was hoping you could tell me a simple remedy so my hair can look a bit less dry, it mostly look dry in the back of my head. Thanks for helping out man.

Keep up with your blog.

Cheers.

• Rogelio on February 28, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Hi,

Your hair will be dry because it isn’t moisturized. What are you doing in terms of hair grooming? Are you optimizing your conditioning stage as I outline in my book? Essentially, you want to use a leave-in conditioner for Type III curly hair. Likewise, the back of your head gets a lot of beating from seating and sleeping, so it is imperative that your keep the curls there moisturized!

• VHO on February 28, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Thanks for the reply man. Basically the only thing I do to take care of my hair is only wash it while I’m the shower, I mean I don’t use any other products after the shower. And while I’m in the shower I only use Head&Shoulders shampoo, and how many time is it ok to leave the shampoo in my head?

Thanks again dude.

• Rogelio on March 3, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Hi,

Have a look at this article for your shampooing.

Ideally, you want to have a shampooing frequency, or, in other words, don’t shampoo every day.

After you shampoo you can use a conditioner or a leave in conditioner. For curly hair, it is imperative that you use any of these 2 products as they help a lot in improving the looks of your hair.

ATB

• Víctor on March 14, 2013 at 10:25 pm

I’m about to try the no-poo method, I’ve sort of tried in the past and worked quite well. I’ve also used a couple of times a leave-in conditioner that was to get “obedient curls” (yeah, I know I shouldn’t have tried it, lol), and what I noticed was that my coils became more shrinked or contracted, more like a type 4 of curly hair; I’m a type 3 of hair, and my question is that I could be able to use a leave-in conditioner that left my coils as the type of hair I already am or, in other case, leave the curls as a type 2? Basically, what I don’t want is to get curls more shrinked than the ones I’ve already got.

Greetings, man.

2. ASR on January 2, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Thanks for the answer once again, sounds like the easiest thing to do is to just grab your book, its very good that you wrote it in an ebook format :)

• Rogelio on January 2, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Hi ASR,

There’s no need to buy my book buddy. It’s just that I spent a lot of effort into putting my knowledge there, so you have it all in one unit rather than scattered in my blogs. I’ll be writing more on grooming and hair care here in this blog and Men’s Hair Blog, and you can find quite a bit already if you browse around.

And if you have questions, ask them. Like I said in my previous reply, keep it simple for now, use the AC conditioner on your hair without rinsing after the shower, making sure not to get it on your scalp. Assess results, then update me and I’ll asses your results too.

Keep me updated!

All the best

3. Asr on December 31, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Hey

On the American crew conditioner, is it supposed to say you can leave the conditioner in the hair?

Not sure if I got the right one, but I clicked the link in your post, however it says on the back of the conditioner to rinse it out after applying it?

Cheers

ASR from Denmark

• Rogelio on December 31, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Hi ASR,

No, you are not reading wrong. However, not all vendors stipulate the rinsing on Amazon, and rinsing itself is an option with light conditioners as this one is.

Like I said in the article, I have never been happy with the curly hair products available for men, and, having used this particular product, it certainly works as a daily leave-in despite it is not labelled as “leave-in” per se. The product is marketed as daily, and it is a light-duty form of a conditioner by the ingredients it contains, so you can leave it on without rinsing. That’s how I’ve used it in the past, and works great for a medium-range de facto leave-in. We really are limited in terms of products specific to our texture so I have to get creative when recommending you products for day to day use.

Essentially, use after showering and coat the hair with it, aiming not to coat the scalp. Leave it on, and start with the smallest amount of product in the beginning. Feel free to ask more questions!

• ASR on January 1, 2013 at 5:23 am

Awesome reply, thanks :D

I noticed that you mentioned it was a light conditioner, are you aware of any “heavy” leave-in conditioners on the market?

I apologize for bombing you with questions, but my curiosity is getting the better of me.

What would happen if you allowed the conditioner to reach the scalp, I assume something bad will happen, but how bad is it?

Cheers

- ASR

• Rogelio on January 1, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Hi ASR,

Don’t worry about questions; I understand that there are many questions concerning hair care, that’s why I wrote 221 pages of hair care knowledge in a book!

There’s a bit of a semantic discrepancy here: the American Crew (AC) conditioner is a “normal” conditioner (meant to be rinsed), but it is “light” in ingredients which means it doesn’t need to be rinsed despite the instructions, hence why I recommend it as a leave-in instead of as a regular “normal” conditioner. The AC conditioner can act as a de facto leave-in conditioner.

There are heavy “normal” conditioners, but they are called “deep” conditioners and/or have some ingredients that are not washed away with water alone. It gets a bit complicated, especially if you haven’t had the time to read the hair grooming chapter in my book which extensively covers all about conditioners (normal and leave-in). What I recommend is to give the AC conditioner a go as a leave-in conditioners and to not worry about heavy conditioners for the time being. I am meaning to write an article on normal conditioners very soon, but in the meantime you can ask questions if the AC conditioner isn’t working enough; you may perhaps benefit from using a deep conditioner or a hair mask, but keep it simple for now and only use 1 product at a time to determine how well it works.

Hope that helps, buddy.